Sustainable Packaging Solutions
Marietta’s primary sustainability goal has been to reduce the amount of packaging… As we develop new packages, we have optimized our package designs to have minimal package weight for the distribution system. We also have the ability to use PCR (post-consumer recycled material) in our bottles.
Kim Caldwell, Package Development Manager
Marietta offers a wide variety of packaging options, including packaging designs that reduce waste and protect the environment. We are continually evaluating and optimizing our package designs to the minimal package weight for the distribution system.
- Utilization of PET, HDPE and other environmentally-friendly plastics instead of PVC plastic, which contains harmful dioxins
- Ability to use PCR (post-consumer recycled material) in our bottles. Available for HDPE, PET and PP
- Lower-cost, lightweight bottle designs reduce plastic usage by 360,000 pounds annually
- Marietta tube programs are: lighter weight (vs. bottles and caps), collapsible in the landfill, are available with PCR, label can be directly screened onto tube vs. applying another label (no waste on paper labels)
- Up to 100% recycled PET packaging capability on bottles and dispensers
- Use of soy/vegetable-based printing inks whenever possible
- Other sustainable packaging options